Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Calling!

I just got a new calling and I am super excited about it! I am now the Young Women's President, which is awesome because I love these YW so much! I'll be honest, I was REALLY overwhelmed when I was first called, and honestly if I hadn't taken this crazy road to get there I probably wouldn't have felt like I could do it. The Lord works in mysterious ways and this was no exception. I feel like all the things that happened to get me to this position helped me to know that if I just love the girls then everything else will fall into place, and that will be easy for me because I already love these girls so much. They have taken up one third of my brain already (Matt and Link have the other two thirdsJ) and I am always thinking about them and what I can do to help them know that their Heavenly Father loves them.

To go from 1st counselor to President in just over two months, it is just a really good thing that I had great YW presidents before me to be my examples. Thank you ladies for helping me know just what a YW president should be and how to love these girls.

This is an overwhelming calling, but I couldn't be more excited to work with the YW!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, what a calling! Congrats, you'll do great!

Jan said...

Congrats, you will do such a good job!

together forever